Vegan Chickpea & Hemp Burger
- 1 19 oz can (2 cups) chickpeas, drained, well-rinsed and mashed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp(45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp(15 mL) sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp(30 g) natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup(100 g) quick oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup Hemp&fork Hemp Hearts
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
After draining and rinsing the chickpeas, place them in a bowl and mash them with a fork or pulse a few times with an immersion blender.
Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and use your hands to mix very well.
Form into 6-8 patties.
Cook on the BBQ around 400 F for approximately 10 minutes each side or fry in a pan with some oil for 3-5 minutes per side