Cilantro & Hemp Pesto Dip
- 2 cups packed cilantro leaves with tender stems (from 2 small bunches)
- ½ cup Hemp&fork Hemp Hearts
- Optional, for heat: 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more if desired
In a food processor, combine everything but the olive oil (the cilantro, Hemp&fork Hemp Hearts, optional jalapeño, garlic and salt). Process until the ingredients are very finely chopped, pausing to scrape down the bowl if necessary.
While running the machine, drizzle in the olive oil. Continue processing until the mixture is well combined and almost creamy in texture. I designed this sauce to be quite thick; if you’d prefer a thinner sauce, drizzle in a bit more olive oil while running the machine.
Use immediately or store in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (I believe it would freeze well for up to 3 months, but I haven’t tried). This sauce will turn a bit darker on top during storage, but it’s perfectly edible.